IF INTOLERABLE TO FULL TRANSPARENCY PERHAPS THERE IS SOMETHING TO HIDE
When asked the question via text: “Why on earth would you reveal your personal bank account?” (HERE) TM’s response came swiftly from what he identifies with as the power of The Holy Spirit in which he stands firm by faith in the Living God, Jesus Christ, saying …
“When there is nothing to hide there is everything to gain … and transparency in all I do sits at the top of the list. If a great leader is willing to go against the grain of the status quo … more or fewer will follow … preferably more … but either way … I die a winner … amen.”
- Secrets disappear when transparency goes before us … motives are seen for what they are and not left in the shadows leaving us wondering.
- We don’t need another leader that feels the need to run with the status quo … but instead … a leader who is balanced, loving all judging none, and unafraid to proclaim where they stand by faith, and willing to back it up when asked; from this comes accountability, integrity, and principles that are absorbed in people-first leadership.
- We should never follow or choose a leader by what they say, but rather, by what they do … because said protege’ becomes as the model followed … saying it but never actually doing any of what they say.
- In this scenario, if more follow then the better off society will become as a result; being transparent beats not being, right! And if fewer choose to follow, then TM still wins for standing firm without waiver on principles that matter.
Show me a leader today that goes against the status quo! Most recently the Prime Minister of Canada, when addressed on a topic of concern, using the word ‘mankind,’ was quick to be politically correct by commenting, “Don’t you mean ‘Peoplekind!” How can we take anyone seriously, let alone offer respect, when their views and perspectives are no different than the Oprah Winfrey’s of our day, who are overpaid to go with the flow while more often than not, dictating personally warped views on any topic they choose, from playing god to giving away billions of corporate money to inspire millions of followers?
To be frank, as I’m rocking the boat anyhow, if intolerable to full transparency, perhaps there is something to hide; TM believes there most definitely is. Pride has disappeared from the privacy of our bodies to the bedrooms, so really, what’s the big deal about showing the world our bank account … other than revealing that we may not be the person we are pretending to be.
There is a reason we find ourselves always starting over … always having to leave ourselves another note to help curb a bad habit. From childhood, in the majority of cases for example, we are taught the value of an apology, saying we are sorry in other words, while missing the need for transparency; we are fallible human beings. As a result we are shortchanged with a fraction of the balance needed to move forward in life, fully transparent.
To understand forgiveness is to understand the minimum needed to be transparent, while repentance added is the capstone that seals the deal to secure the need and harness the benefits of being fully transparent.
From Webster’s 1828 Dictionary, online addition we find these three definitions:
1. Grieved for the loss of some good; pained for some evil that has happened to one’s self or friends or country. It does not ordinarily imply severe grief, but rather slight or transient regret. It may be however, and often is used to express deep grief. We are sorry to lose the company of those we love; we are sorry to lose friends or property; we are sorry for the misfortunes of our friends or of out country. And the king was sorry Matthew 14:9.
2. Melancholy; dismal.
3. Poor; mean; vile; worthless; as a sorry slave; a sorry excuse. Coarse complexions, and cheeks of sorry grain-
FORGIVE, verb transitive forgiv’. preterit tense forgave; participle passive forgiven. [Latin remitto. See Give.]
1. To pardon; to remit, as an offense or debt; to overlook an offense, and treat the offender as not guilty. The original and proper phrase is to forgive the offense, to send it away, to reject it, that is, not to impute it, [put it to] the offender. But by an easy transition, we also use the phrase, to forgive the person offending.
FORGIVE us our debts.
If we forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly father will also forgive you. Matthew 6:12.
As savages never forget a favor, so they never forgive an injury.
It is to be noted that pardon, like forgive may be followed by the name or person, and by the offense; but remit can be followed by the offense only. We forgive or pardon the man, but we do not remit him.
2. To remit as a debt, fine or penalty.
1. Sorrow for any thing done or said; the pain or grief which a person experiences in consequence of the injury or inconvenience produced by his own conduct.
2. In theology, the pain, regret or affliction which a person feels on account of his past conduct, because it exposes him to punishment. This sorrow proceeding merely from the fear of punishment, is called legal repentance as being excited by the terrors of legal penalties, and it may exist without an amendment of life.
3. Real penitence; sorrow or deep contrition for sin, as an offense and dishonor to God, a violation of his holy law, and the basest ingratitude towards a Being of infinite benevolence. This is called evangelical repentance and is accompanied and followed by amendment of life.
Repentance is a change of mind, or a conversion from sin to God.
Repentance is the relinquishment of any practice, from conviction that it has offended God.
TO BE FULLY HONEST WITH SELF WE MUST FULLY COMPREHEND THE DISTINCTION BETWEEN ‘SORRY’ … ‘FORGIVENESS’ … and … ‘REPENTANCE’ … otherwise ‘PRIDE’ wins ‘TRANSPARENCY’ loses
This post is not intended to be about you revealing your bank account to the world, but instead, about becoming a fully transparent, honest, sincere, genuine and accountable individual with nothing to hide and everything to gain as a result.
TM does not support all things that take place around us, nor do you, however, being real respects all and loves all, with no right to judge another in the process. For example, all individuals from every lifestyle possible has had no problem ‘coming out of the closet,’ so to speak, boldly proclaiming their newly found or long time status, with nothing to hide and everything to gain by doing so; so who am I or anyone to judge these individuals? Exactly, so if we can be fully transparent in one fashion, why then not in all areas of life that we choose to share? With that said, there is no reason why we should not have a higher expectation of those who choose to lead us, from government to the pulpit, with serious consequence if caught hiding anything; currently no consequences, no accountability, and no slap on the wrist.
To be fully honest with self, especially in leadership, we must fully comprehend the distinction between sorry, forgiveness, and repentance, otherwise pride wins and transparency loses; we cannot be full of pride and be the transparent person we need to be … and in this case … we are talking leadership.
TM is calling for leadership and personal accountability for which has long been tossed to the curb, and to make this happen, it starts with you the people. If you can see no difference then it really makes no difference. On the other hand, if you can see what is needed for change to happen then stand on it, vote for it, and accept nothing shy of it.
In closing, why on earth would TM reveal his personal bank account, and probably have no problem doing so at any time in the future? To set a much needed precedence … a new standard for leadership with nothing to hide … to prove that TM is no different than any of the majority that he has been fighting for for the past 20+ years, determined to find a solution to another grave area in society that remains in the shadows while being masked with false hope from unaccountable leadership without the slightest idea of what transparency is. Our Job/Banking/Financial system is failing us, not just as a system, but by those who run it, and it is time for a new business model to come alongside it to turn the tables in favour of the people … the majority … the little guy … and any day now, ‘HUGE‘ will be revealed.